Lebanon Board of REALTORS®
The Lebanon Board of REALTORS® is a group of Real Estate Agents and Affiliate Members who are advocates for the health of the industry and private property rights. We navigate the changing and complex market and organize critical information from statistics to trends. We communicate with members through media and events to enhance cooperation, education, and advocacy. We promote programs and activities designed to create and maintain the highest standards of the profession while fostering the feeling of goodwill and harmony among those engaged in the real estate profession.
WHY USE A REALTOR®
- Act as an expert guide. Buying a home typically requires a variety of forms, reports, disclosures, and other legal and financial documents. A knowledgeable real estate agent will know what’s required in your market, helping you avoid delays and costly mistakes.
- Offer objective information and opinions. A great real estate agent will guide you through the home search with an unbiased eye, helping you meet your buying objectives while staying within your budget. Agents are also a great source when you have questions about local amenities, utilities, zoning rules, contractors, and more.
- Use a cooperative system called the multiple listing service, help you evaluate all active listings that meet your criteria, alert you to listings soon to come on the market, and provide data on recent sales. Your agent can also save you time by helping you winnow away properties that are still appearing on public sites but are no longer on the market.
- Stand in your corner during negotiations. There are many factors up for discussion in any real estate transaction—from price to repairs to possession date. A real estate professional who’s representing you will look at the transaction from your perspective, helping you negotiate a purchase agreement that meets your needs.
- Ensure an up-to-date experience. Most people buy only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years between purchases. Even if you’ve bought a home before, laws and regulations change. Real estate practitioners may handle hundreds or thousands of transactions over the course of their careers.
- Be your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most buyers, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you when emotions threaten to sink an otherwise sound transaction.
- Provide fair and ethical treatment. When you’re interviewing agents, ask if they’re a REALTOR®, a member of the National Association of REALTORS®. Every member must adhere to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism, serving the interests of clients, and protecting the public. (From https://magazine.realtor/sales-and-marketing/handouts-for-customers/for-buyers/7-reasons-to-work-with-a-realtor)
NAR’s “Social Benefits of Homeownership and Stable Housing” report reveals that homeowners are happier and healthier. They tend to vote more, volunteer more, and contribute more to their neighborhoods. Homeowners do not move as frequently as renters, which encourages more neighborhood stability, and children of homeowners are more likely to participate in organized activities and spend less time in front of the television. (From https://www.nar.realtor/newsroom/real-estate-story-ideas/why-home-ownership-matters)